(4524 views)Earthquakes and Volcanoes [HD]
View Topic »- Volcanic products.
- Prediction of volcanic eruptions.
- Volcanoes and people.
- Prediction of earthquake
- Richter and Mercalli scale
Lesson Sample :: Exam Question SampleDistribution of volcanic activity, volcanic products. Intrusive and extrusive volcanic structures. Prediction of volcanic eruptions. Volcanoes and people.
Explanation of important earthquake terms, measuring quakes Richter and Mercalli scales. Quake damage and prevention of quake damage.
1. Soils - Composition, formation and characteristics
2. Soil Profile: Brown earth, Podzol and Latosal Types.
3. European and non-European soils - Case Study: Ireland and Brazil.
4.Human Influence and soil types.
This RevisionPack looks at migration patterns in Ireland. Migration policies in Ireland and the EU. It also looks at push and pull factors, refugees and asylum seekers. Ethnic, racial and religious issues are also discussed.
1. population density.
2. changes and patterns in population distribution.
3. The population cycle.
4. Reasons for population growth.
5. It also looks at population pyramids and how to calculate dependency ratio.
6. Ireland's population is examined.
7. The causes and effects of overpopulation are discussed with references to case studies.
(1088 views)Human Elective - Settlements [HD]
View Topic »- Locational characteristics of prehistoric and historic settlements and settlement patterns.
- It also looks at planning strategies in rural Ireland and central place theory is discussed.
- It further looks at urban land use, social stratification, land values.
- Three models of urban land use. Lesson Sample :: Exam Question SampleHuman Elective
Part 3 of 4
This RevisionPack looks at:
1. Locational characteristics of prehistoric and historic settlements and settlement patterns.
2. It also looks at planning strategies in rural Ireland and central place theory is discussed.
3. It further looks at urban land use, social stratification, land values and includes three models of urban land use.
This RevisionPack looks at:
The problems of urban growth in the developed and developing world including issues such as urban sprawl, urban decay and pollution in shanty towns. It also takes a look at cities of the future.
(566 views)Ocean Environment - Option [HD]
View Topic »- The structure and composition of the atmosphere and the ocean.
- How the earth is heated by the sun and the transfer of this heat.
- Ocean currents, winds, water cycle, patterns and types of rainfall.
- The mountain and valley winds, mistral and chinock winds and climate change.Lesson Sample :: Exam Question Sample This RevisionPack deals with:
1. The structure and composition of the athmosphere and the ocean.
2. Energy flows between the athmosphere and ocean and how the earth is heated by the sun and the transfer of this heat in air and water.
3. Ocean currents, winds, water cycle, patterns of rainfall, clouds, types of rain are all dealt with in this lecture.
4. The lecture also looks at mountain and valley winds, mistral and chinock winds, mid latitude frontal depressions, world climate, climate and tourism and climate change.
This pack also includes lots of very useful diagrams.
1. Summary of important terms e.g. constructive waves.
2. Explanation of important landforms created by the sea.
3. How rock type influences cliff development.
4. Landforms created by changing sea levels emerged and submerged coasts.
5. Eustatic and Isostatic terms explained. 6. Human interaction with the coast coastal protection.
(2327 views)Plate Tectonics [HD]
View Topic »- Revision of earths structure, tectonic plates and the tectonic cycle.
- Overview land forms created at the different types of plate boundaries constructive, destructive and conservative.
- Overview of plate tectonic theory and continental drift with reference to Ireland.Lesson Sample :: Exam Question SamplePlate Tectonics
Part 1 of 7
Revision of earths structure, tectonic plates and the tectonic cycle. Overview landforms created at the different types of plate boundaries constructive, destructive and conservative. Overview of plate tectonic theory and continental drift with reference to Ireland.
This Pack contains:
(i) How to identify the main physical landforms visible on OS maps.
(ii) Landforms created by Rivers, Ice and Sea are identified.
(iii) Useful checklist of landforms you need to know.
Explanation of why rocks produce certain landforms. Overview of Irish landscapes and their rock types focussing on The Burren, Wicklow and Giants Causeway. Landscapes produced by folding and faulting. Types of faults. Fold mountains.