Topics in Accounting (Higher)
- Good Approach to Completing Questions On Time - Sales and Cost of Sales - Purchases and Gross Profit - Mark-Up and Margin - Two Full Exam Questions On Cash Budgeting
- Past Issues - Government Securities And Revaluation Reserve - Two Comprehensive Questions Are Included - Where are Exam Marks Lost
Two Types of Errors must be dealt with in different ways: - Errors affecting Trial Balance: must use Suspense Account - Errors not affecting Trial Balance: must NOT use Suspense Account - Errors of Omission/Commission, Principle, Original Entry - Compensating Errors and Complete Reversal of Entries
Types of accounts necessary for clubs and the role of the treasurer. - Two full 100 mark questions - Accounts necessary for clubs - Role of the Treasurer - Necessary adjustments
- Creditors Control Account - Explanation - Usage - Contra Entry
- Worked Solution To An Exam Question - Exam Tips and Recommendations - Debtors Control Account - Contra Entry
A suggested approach to answering examination questions on this topic. - Two examination questions are answered - Fixed Installment/ Straight Line Method - A theory question and answer are outlined
A suggested approach of best practice when answering exam questions on this topic. - Two Exam Questions aAe Answered - Depreciation of Fixed Assets - Estimation of Depreciation
- Recommended Approach To Answering this Question - Some Important Theory Questions - Purpose of Farm Accounts - Similarity to Club A/c's - Unique Features
What it means to 'flex' a budget. - Variance analysis: how actual results differ from budget. - Variable, Fixed and Mixed costs. - How to break up Mixed costs using High Low method. - Relationship between costs, profit and sales.
An overview of the need for ratios and who uses them. - Important Theory Questions - Required Formulae and How They Are Applied - Question and Comments From the View of a Bank Manager
- Sale or Return. - Goods-in-Transit. - Provision for Bad Debts. - Students have to be able to deal with
- A Worked Exam Question - Final Accounts Long Exam Question - Topics Needed For This Question - Topics Not Covered Elsewhere
- A suggested approach when answering this topic. - Two examination questions are answered - A suggested theory question and answer is outlined.
- Two exam questions are answered - An approach which is consistent, methodical and easy to follow.
The type of costs and assumptions that are used in Marginal Costing. - A suggested approach of best practice when answering EXAM questions. - Limitations of using Marginal Costing. - Useful formulae. -Typical exam question.
A suggested approach to answering examination questions on this topic. - A theory question and answer are outlined. . - Operation Budget - Master Budget - Budgeting
- Under/Over-Absorption of overheads and what that implies for a business. - Relationship between costs, sales and profit in order to quote a Selling Price. - Important aspects of theory
- Setting Prices or Jobs or Contracts - Reason for Product Costing - Methods of Valuing Closing Stocks - Stock Control Card
- Responsibilities of Directors - Duties of Auditors, - Accounting principles - Regulation of the Accountancy profession is also covered.
- Two questions are covered in detail - Revaluation Reserve Account
- Why should Service Firms keep accounts? - Two examination questions are answered following a consistent approach.