Topics in History (Higher)
In this video lesson Kerry Moran looks the 2016 Leaving Cert History Exam Paper. Kerry gives an over view of the Exam and how to approach it. Then she covers the Section 1, the Documents Section concentrating on the Nuremburg Rallies. Finally Kerry looks at the Essay Sections, 2 and 3, giving a detailed Essay example.
In this video lesson, Kerry Moran looks at the important topic of Sunningdale. Kerry goes over the important aspects of the topic and examines the key personalities involved. Kerry also suggests how to tackle the essay question in the exam.
In this video lesson, Kerry Moran looks at the Coleraine Case Study for Politics and society in Northern Ireland,1949-1993. Kerry looks the main issues and key figures involved, as well as the cultural aspects. In the EMA, Kerry shows how to construct an essay example, based on the Lesson.
- An Introduction to The Syllabus and Exam - The Research Study Report - RSR. - The Documents-based study - Structure of Each Topic - The Layout of the Actual Exam
- Church and State Tensions in Germany and Italy - Anti-Semitism in France and Russia - Case Study The Invention and Early History of the Motor Car - The Role and Personality Karl Benz
- The foreign policy of Otto Von Bismarck - Anglo-German Relations - Case Study The Naval Policy of Wilhelm - The Causes of World War I - The conduct of the War - The Peace Settlement - Revolution in Russia
- Nazi Propaganda and the Use of the Media - Case Study The Nuremberg Rallies - Church and State Relations Under Mussolini and Hitler - The Technology of Warfare
- Mussolini and Fascism in Italy - Germany Under the Nazis - Lenin 1917 to 1924 - Stalin's Russia 1924 to 1945 - Case study The Russian Show Trials
- Britain Between the Wars - Case Study The Jarrow March - Economic and Social problems of The Interwar Years - Weimar Germany 1919 to 1933 - Anti-Semitism and the Holocaust 1933 to 1945 - The Soviet Alternative, Communism 1920 to 1945
- The Federal System of Government - US foreign policy 1945 to 1972 - Case Study Lyndon B.Johnson and Vietnam 1963 to 1968 - Decline of Cold War certainties 1973 to 1989
- Industrialisation in Germany and its Impact on Society - Industrialisation and Economic Crisis in Tsarist Russia - Case Study Women in the Workforce During World War I
- Parnell to Connolly are Assessed - All Land Acts Explained in Detail - The 1913 Lockout and the Main Events - Important Irish Figures from Parnell to Connelly
- Aspects of Irish Politics in the Latter Part of the Twentieth century - Political Figures Such as Parnell, Butt, Griffith and Carson - Rise of Self-Government in Ireland Against the Rise of Unionism
- Reference to the G.A.A. - Other Cultural Movements at That Time - Rise of Feminism in Ireland - the Drive for Women's Rights - The Rise of Feminism - The Suffrage Movement
- The Beginning of Irish Independence - Key Personalities and Concepts - Physical Force and the Concept of 'Blood Sacrifice' - Rise of Unionism in the Wake of the 3rd Home Rule Bill - Case Study 'Treaty Negotiations'
- The consolidation of Democracy in Ireland - The birth of the Irish Free State - Problems To Be Solved as a Result of the Civil War - The Cumann na Ngaedhael party - The founding of Fianna Fail and Their Rise to Power - The impact of World War II on Northern Ireland - Case Study: 'The Bombing Blitz on Belfast'
- The Concept of Dismantling the Treaty - Role of the Catholic Church in Irish affairs - The Role of Ireland in the 1930s and 40s - The Ideal of Neutrality During WW2 - The Case Study The Eucharistic Congress
- Key Changes in Irish Economics Especially Under Sean LeMass - Role of Ireland in International Affairs After WW2 (especially after the declaration of an Irish republic) - Role of Northern Ireland During This Period - Case Study The First Programme for Economic Expansion